If you struggle with strong cravings, especially late in the day, know that this is something that can be corrected by making some dietary changes. I often recommend clients to include 1 to 2 snacks a day to help them keep blood sugars stable throughout the day, and in turn, keep cravings in check. My clients also report having more energy when they follow this approach as well as being better able to manage their hunger, something very important for those on a weight loss journey.
So here are my favorite 5 snacks to curb cravings and avoid overeating, especially at night:
- Sliced green apple with almond butter and true cinnamon: I love this as a mid-morning snack. I usually sprinkle true cinnamon, which is a fantastic way to help regulate blood sugars;
- Roasted seaweed with raw pumpkin seeds and brazil nuts: This snack also does wonders to for your thyroid! Which is the master glad for regulating metabolism;
- Gluten free crackers with hummus: I typically choose a gluten free cracker with few ingredients and avoid those that contain potato and tapioca starch and any added sugars as these spike blood sugar levels. Brown rice crackers are also a good option;
- Greek yogurt with chia seeds and cinnamon: For the afternoon, I usually opt for a protein-rich snack, which keeps me full until dinner and helps prevent cravings and overeating. Always opt for an organic version when having dairy to support hormonal health;
- Carrot and celery sticks with tahini: It is no secret that I love tahini since it’s such a great source of protein and healthy fats. This snack is also another great way to increase your daily intake of vegetables and fiber, an absolute must for anyone looking to manage their cravings, balance blood sugars and their weight.
To learn more about how curbing your cravings can impact your weight loss journey join my Weight Loss Group Sessions starting November 13, 2018